Saturday, January 14, 2012

Damn Ochocinco! You're Classy like that?

I came across an article that could be the coolest thing a professional athlete has done for a fan in my lifetime. The fan, Victor Gonzalez, tweeted Chad Ochocinco to complain that his tweets have not received a response in 2 years. Let's not have a conversation now about how creepy, stalker-ish and kinda sad Mr. Gonzalez appears. Come on!! 2 years of a one way conversation!! Chad better watch his back.  Anyhow, let's focus on Chad  Ochocinco. This was Chads response to his stalker, ummm, I mean, #1 fan. 

Mr. Gonzalez was subsequently offered tickets to the game, PLUS plane fare, PLUS hotel accommodations. He hit the jackpot.  This is beyond cool. I am not a fan of any professional athlete. They are not negotiating peace in the Middle East or working on the cure for Cancer. I can't rationalize the amount of money that they "earn". My issue is not targeted at the athletes, but the fans, owners, advertisers, merchandising, etc. who collectively make it possible to pay an individual over $5 million to run around with a football. If you want to pay me millions to watch me workout, I will take it. I have an opinion, but I am not stupid.

I admire what Chad did, because that was a great way to demonstrate his appreciation of fans and respect for his fellow human being. Class, compassion and generosity in one tweet. Good on you Chad. That was not just Classy, but crosses the line into very sexy. Guess who is following Chad on twitter now. Don't judge me....lol


No comments:

Post a Comment