Friday, October 21, 2011

Hair today - Bald tomorrow


I have a love-love relationship with my hair. I love everything and anything that I do with it. I logged on to one of my favorite sites today and read an article about hair length, entitled "Is your hair long enough".  Puh-lease!!

My opinion is, and I am sure there is a fact out there to support it, that there may have been a time when the length of a womans hair was a sign of good health and presumably fertility.  Pretty much the same way that a wider hip to waist ratio is a symbol of fertility. I knew theses hips had to be good for something.

But we have come such a long way. Long hair/Short hair/Curly hair/Weave/Wig/Perm/Japanese straightening/Bald/Red/Blond/Silver/Locked. Who gives a damn!!

The length of a womans is her personal expression. Your hair is one of the first things that people see and judge about you. DNA and ethnicity no longer dictate the length or lushness of your hair. It's your choice what you want to say about yourself. Are you chic? Conservative? Wild? Carefree? Low maintenance? Adventurous? Hipster?

At the end of the day, the cardinal sin is dirty hair. Not the, I am due for my weekly trip to the salon dirty. I am talking about the, my hair is supporting an ecosystem kind of dirty.

Regular maintenance of your hair specific to your hair type is the golden rule. If you choose to add to your hair, synthetic or otherwise, keep it clean. Raggedy, funky and a hot mess will never be in style.

My Aunt Vel would tell me that a womans hair is her crown and glory. Keep the crown clean ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment